Welcome to the City of Poughkeepsie
News & Updates
- Fall Leaf Collection Schedule – 2014
- Parking Ticket Amnesty Program – Ends October 31, 2014
- Halloween Tips for Parents & Homeowners
- Common Council Meeting – November 3, 2014
- Waterfront Advisory Committee – October 28, 2014
- Public Hearing: Preliminary 2015 Budget
- 44/55 Eastbound Work Begins Oct. 27 – Potential Traffic Congestion
- HDLPC Meeting – October 23, 2014
View All: News & Updates
Message from Mayor Tkazyik
As Mayor of the City of Poughkeepsie, the Queen City of the Hudson River, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our City and our website. We hope you will find much here to help you enjoy Poughkeepsie and use the services of City government to your best advantage.
Our web site is designed to provide you with easily accessible information on the services provided by City government. It also contains information about area attractions and investment opportunities.
Parking Ticket Amnesty Program
The City of Poughkeepsie has approved the Parking Ticket Amnesty Program to be held from September 2, 2014 until October 31, 2014. During this period, all penalties shall be waived with the payment of the original fine. Please call the Tax Department at (845) 451-4030 to inquire about any unpaid parking tickets.
Sanitation Collection Service Available for “411” Properties
The City of Poughkeepsie is inviting all property owners who own a property classified as “411” to explore the option of having the Sanitation Department collect refuse. We would like for you to compare your current sanitation rates with the City of Poughkeepsie’s rates.
The cost of refuse pickup will be based on an assessment of the property done by the Department of Public Works. If you would like to set up an appointment please contact DPW at (845) 451-4111.