Welcome to the City of Poughkeepsie
News & Updates
- Holiday Schedule: Christmas Eve, Christmas & New Years Day
- Snow Information, Policies & Procedures
- Section 8 Program Expands Services in City & Town
- December WAC Meeting Cancelled
- Request for Proposals: 178-182 Main St. & 11 S. Bridge St.
- Common Council Special Meeting – December 23, 2014
- RFP: Purchase of New and Recap Tires
View All: News & Updates
Message from Mayor Tkazyik
As Mayor of the City of Poughkeepsie, the Queen City of the Hudson River, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our City and our website. We hope you will find much here to help you enjoy Poughkeepsie and use the services of City government to your best advantage.
Our web site is designed to provide you with easily accessible information on the services provided by City government. It also contains information about area attractions and investment opportunities.
Sanitation Collection Service Available for “411” Properties
The City of Poughkeepsie is inviting all property owners who own a property classified as “411” to explore the option of having the Sanitation Department collect refuse. We would like for you to compare your current sanitation rates with the City of Poughkeepsie’s rates.
The cost of refuse pickup will be based on an assessment of the property done by the Department of Public Works. If you would like to set up an appointment please contact DPW at (845) 451-4111.