Leaf Collection Begins November 5th
The Department of Public Works will start collecting loose leaves from the curb on November 5. Weather permitting, the Department plans to end loose leaf collections on December 28.
Residents are asked to have their leaves at the curb no later than November 5, or they may risk missing the vacuum truck. Should you miss the opportunity for pick-up, please bag the leaves and place them out for Yard Waste pick-up (every Wednesday through December 26).
Parking regulations may require the vacuum truck to be on a street more than once. After the vacuum truck has completed both sides of a street, residents should place any additional loose leaves in paper yard bags or trash containers (free of garbage) for collection every Wednesday until December 26.
- When loose leaves and yard debris are bagged, only paper bags may be used.
- Leaf piles on the street for long periods of time will eventually cause drainage problems in the street. Please keep leaf piles on the curb or at the end of the pavement. DO NOT PLACE IN THE STREET.
- Hired landscapers should be made aware of the dates for leaf piles and the City’s ordinance against blowing and piling leaves in the street
- Please do not place limbs or garbage in the loose leaf piles.
- Free compost and wood chips are available at the Transfer Station, 26 Howard Street, for City residents.
If you have any questions, please call Public Works at (845) 451-4111 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. during regular business days.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COOPERATION
Fall Leaf Collection Notice - 2014 (10.1 KiB, 33 hits)