STARTING SALARY $35,963.20 WITH BENEFITS
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Relieves the department head of a variety of administrative responsibilities;
- Uses discretion in dealing with a variety of confidential information;
- Makes appointments for department head, arranging conferences and meetings;
- Reviews incoming correspondence, answering routine inquiries independently or from brief or written notes;
- Attends meetings and conferences, takes minutes, and prepares summaries of meetings;
- Establishes and maintains filing systems;
- Operates office equipment such as word processors, copy machines, calculators, etc;
- Uses electronic data processing equipment in the storage and retrieval of information;
- Orders and maintains supplies;
- May assist in the preparation of the department budget;
- May supervise clerical employees,
- May assist in interviewing and selecting clerical employees;
- May assemble and summarize a variety of information including statistical data;
- May complete special projects and studies at the department head’s request;
- Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of high school equivalency diploma and completion of 2 years of college or business school or closely related field and 3 years of full time clerical work experience which included the performance of skilled keyboarding duties. APPLICANT MUST BE APPOINTED FROM THE CIVIL SERVICE LIST. CANDIDATES ARE SUBJECT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL/DRUG TESTING.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 12, 2014
SEND APPLICATION TO :
City of Poughkeepsie
62 Civic Center Plaza
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
The City of Poughkeepsie is an equal opportunity employer.