Yard Debris Pickup begins on Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Curbside pickup of yard debris and leaves occurs every Wednesday from April through November. If a holiday or rescheduled collection day falls on a Wednesday, there will be no pickup of yard debris that week.
- Biodegradable bags
- Trash cans (no refuse in cans)
- Grass clippings
- Garden and yard debris
- Twigs and branches
- Trimmings and brush less than two inches in diameter and no longer than three feet long
Setting Out & Returning Containers
- Trimmings and brush may be tied into manageable size and weight bundles.
- Bundled brush should be placed by the curb and piled all one way.
- Cans or materials are to be placed curbside no earlier than 5:00 p.m. on the night before scheduled pickup.
- After pickup, cans are to be returned to the rear of the residence no later than 6:00 a.m. the morning after refuse is collected.
Loose Leaves/Fall Season
- Vacuum truck service begins in November as posted on the website (or call DPW 845-451-4111).
- Do not place loose leaves at the curb until the loose leaf collection schedule has been posted.
- Do not place loose leaves in the gutter lines in the street as this will cause flooding when it rains. To reduce potential flooding, please keep all storm drains clear of loose leaves and debris
Department of Sanitation
26 Howard Street
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601