Yard Debris Pickup begins on Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Curbside pickup of yard debris and leaves occurs every Wednesday from April through November. If July 4th falls on a Wednesday, there will be no pickup of yard debris that week.
- Biodegradable bags
- Trash cans (no refuse in cans)
- Grass clippings
- Garden and yard debris
- Twigs and branches
- Trimmings and brush less than two inches in diameter and no longer than three feet long
Setting Out & Returning Containers
- Trimmings and brush may be tied into manageable size and weight bundles.
- Bundled brush should be placed by the curb and piled all one way.
- Cans or materials are to be placed curbside no earlier than 5:00 p.m. on the night before scheduled pickup.
- After pickup, cans are to be returned to the rear of the residence no later than 6:00 a.m. the morning after refuse is collected.
Loose Leaves/Fall Season
- Vacuum truck service begins in November as posted on the website (or call Transfer Station).
- Place leaves at curb only after your street has been posted.
- Do not place leaves in gutter lines in the street as this will cause flooding when it rains.
Department of Sanitation
26 Howard Street
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601