The Recreation Administration is the administrative branch of the Recreation Department. It is managed by the Recreation Superintendent, a civil service appointment. The Recreation Superintendent administers the departmental subsection and recreation programs. Pools are open to City and non-City residents
- Increased accountability of full time and temporary employees.
- Responsible for administration and planning maintenance and supervision of all recreation and parks.
- Responsible for coordinating special events on City property and supplying equipment for same.
- Responsible for scheduling and docking at Waryas Park.
For park locations, hours of operation, sports programs, and league information please call 845-451-4100
Pulaski Park Pool
162 Washington Street
Thomas Bell, Pool Manager
Hours of Operation – 2014
June 28 to August 24, 2014
Open Daily 1-7 pm
- Adult (14 and over) $3.00
- Children (13 and over) $1.00
- Adult (14 and over) $15.00
- Children (13 and over) $10.00
- Family Plan*: $25.00
- Family Plan is for immediate family members only
Picture ID is required for all pool passes. Please bring a photo with you when applying for a pass.
All children must pass swim test in order to swim in deep end.
Swim Lessons at Pulaski Pool
Free swim lessons are available in 3 sessions beginning Monday, July 7th to August 15th.
This program is designed to improve swimming skills, learn water safety, and learn to be comfortable in the water. Students will partake in numerous water safety and water skill lessons that will provide them with the knowledge of safe pool use. They will learn safe water entry and exit strategies as well as basic stroke skills and diving skills (for upper level swimmers). Students will be placed in classes according to skill level based on the overall discretion of their instructor.
In order to be accepted into the 2014 Pulaski Swim Lesson Program, this form must be completed and turned in prior to the first week of lessons. Applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis and late Application’s will not be accepted. Please understand these regulations as spaces are limited. This is to ensure child safety in student- instructor ratio. Thank you for your compliance! Lessons will be given in two week sessions and choice of session will be first come first serve
Swim Lesson Program Application - Pulaski Pool (158.7 KiB, 1,362 hits)
Spratt Park Pool
Kim Bell, Pool Manager
Spratt Pool Open Swimming
Spratt Park is located on Wilbur Boulevard just north of Christo’s Restaurant and the McCann Golf Course.
The pool season is June 28 to August 24, 2014. Open Swim hours are 1:00 PM to 6:30 PM, Lap Swimming from Noon to 1 PM and from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM.
The town reserves the right to close the pool during inclement weather and for unsanitary conditions.
Season Pass for Spratt Park Pool
- Family Season Pass $85.00
- Includes Parents and all children under 18 residing in a household
- Adult Season Pass $60.00
- Child (Under 13) Season Pass $40.00
Sales of season passes will open June 1. Those season passes can be purchased on our website with a credit card. To help offset credit card processing fees, we need to charge a 3.0% fee for credit card transactions.
Daily Pass for Spratt Park Pool (For sale at the pool, cash only)
- Child (Under 13) $1.00
- Adult $4.00
Spratt Park Swim Lessons 2014
- The City of Poughkeepsie, under the direction of Kayla Roberts will run swim lessons at Spratt Park Pool for the summer of 2014. Lessons will begin on Monday, July 7th and run for seven one week sessions. The cost of each session is $30 per week, per child.
- Age groups will be 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15.
- The swim instructors and swim director will have final say in all placements. Swim placement will be according to age and swimming ability.
- Each weekly session will be held Monday through Friday. There will not be lessons on Saturday.
- Lessons will be held rain or shine. Lessons will not be held during thunder or lightning.
- Sign up will be on a first come first served basis.
- Lessons are open to city and non city residents. Applications will be available at the pool and must be handed in by the Thursday prior to the week lessons are held.
Swim Lesson Program Application - Spratt Park Pool (159.7 KiB, 1,279 hits)
Parks & Recreation Office Location
26 Howard Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Parks and Recreation Information Desk