Welcome to the City of Poughkeepsie Poughkeepsie Police Department Online Citizen Reporting System. If this is an emergency or a crime in progress please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the Police Report for free.
Is Online Reporting Right for You?
Please confirm the following to see if online report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency?
- This incident occurred within the City of Poughkeepsie limits?
- There are no known suspects?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please be sure to turn off any pop-up blocking software before beginning the reporting process.
If you answered no to any of the questions, please visit the Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions page.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- see the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” confirming that your police report is complete.
- be given a police report case number.
- be able to print a free copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Online Citizen Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Please choose one of the following links to begin your report: