The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) meeting scheduled for June 9, 2015 has been cancelled due to a lack of agenda items. The next ZBA meeting is scheduled for July 14, 2015.
2014 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
To comply with State regulations, the City of Poughkeepsie annually issues a report describing the quality of your drinking water. The purpose of this report is to raise your understanding of drinking water and awareness of the need to protect our drinking water sources. This report provides an overview of last year’s water quality. Included are details about where your water comes from, what it contains, and how it compares to State standards. Sampling and analyses are carried out routinely as directed by the Dutchess County Health Department and the New York State Department of Health and currently meet the drinking water standards.
We want you to be informed about your drinking water. If you have any questions about this report or concerning your drinking water, please contact Jesse Purcell, Water Distribution Operator, at the City of Poughkeepsie Department of Public Works, at (845) 451-4111, or the Dutchess County Health Department at (845) 486-3404. If you want to learn more, please attend any of the regularly scheduled Joint Water Board meetings held the first Tuesday of every month in the conference room at the Poughkeepsies’ Water Treatment Facility (behind Marist College). For further information about the Poughkeepsies’ Water Treatment Facility, telephone the Joint Water Board Administrator, Randy Alstadt at (845) 451-4173, ext. 2003. You may also visit the Poughkeepsies’ Water Treatment Facility website at http://www.cityofpoughkeepsie.com/watertreatment. This report can be found on the City of Poughkeepsie’s web site http://www.cityofpoughkeepsie.com/departments/dpw/waterdistribution
Common Council meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York.
Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcasted live at: http://www.totalwebcasting.com/live/cop/
Once completed, the meetings are archived on the site for later viewing.
Common Council Agenda
Common Council Agenda & Packet - June 1, 2015
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Presentation to Business of the Month, and Citizen of the Month
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, SEQRA Resolution R15-41 and Sale Resolution R15-42, approving the property sale of 36 Gifford Avenue.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R15-43, introduction to a proposed zoning amendment for C2A zoning district, limiting height of buildings on zero lot lines and setting a public hearing.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- A PRESENTATION FROM NEW YORKERS AGAINST GUN VIOLENCE.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR BUNYI, Monthly financial report.
- FROM BRIAN THOMAS, a notice of personal injury sustained on March 7, 2015.
- FROM LAKESHA GIST, a notice of property damage sustained on March 16, 2015.
- FROM LAURA GARNER, a notice or property damage sustained on February 12, 2015.
- FROM RONALD KING, a notice or property damage sustained on February 11, 2015.
- FROM ABDEL EL KAOURI, a notice of property damage sustained on April 6, 2015.
- FROM ISEMAN CUNNINGHAM RIESTER & HYDE, LLP, a notice of intent for Mill House Hospitality, Inc., d/b/a Mill House Brewing Company to renew their Liquor License.
- FROM THE LAW OFFICES OF JAMES C. DEZAO, P.A., a notice of intent for Downtown Deli and Bagels, Inc., to obtain a Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS:
The City of Poughkeepsie Water Department, Central Hudson, and contractor Thomas Gleason will be closing the eastern end of Oakley Street, at Smith Street beginning today, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, and continuing for approximately 3 weeks. Workers will be capping/moving gas mains and repairing a water main break at this location. Oakley Street can be accessed via North Clinton Street. Work zones will be in place and emergency vehicles will be accommodated.
During the water main repairs, residents may experience a temporary disruption in their water service and/or low water pressure. Once the repairs are made and the water is restored, residents should run the water until it is clear if cloudy. If you have any questions or concerns please call DPW Dispatch at (845) 451-4111.
RFP: Transmission Repairs
Beginning immediately, sealed bids are sought and invited by the City of Poughkeepsie for TRANSMISSION REPAIRS; BID # RFB-COP-05-15-02. Bidding Documents including Bidding Requirements may be obtained at The City of Poughkeepsie, 1st Floor, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Official bid copies may be advertised and /or obtained on the following website: www.empirestatebidsystem.com
Sealed proposals for Transmission Repairs will be received by the Board of Contract and Supply in the Office of the Purchasing Agent, prior to 2:30 p.m. on JUNE 17, 2015 after which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud in the third floor Common Council Chambers, with the contract being awarded as soon as practicable thereafter. All bids must be made upon and in accordance with the form of proposals and attached specifications and shall be submitted in sealed envelopes marked:
PROPOSAL FOR RFB-COP-05-15-02: TRANSMISSION REPAIRS
Specifications and Contract are subject to provisions of Chapter 605, Laws of the State of New York of 1959, Section 103-A of the General Municipal Law.
The City of Poughkeepsie reserves the right to waive any informality or to reject any or all proposals and may re-advertise for new proposals, if the best interest of the City will be served.
The Waterfront Advisory Committee (WAC) meeting scheduled for May 26, 2015 is being cancelled as there are no applications to be considered at this time.
For additional information about the WAC, please contact the Planning Department.
The Historic District & Landmark Preservation Commission will meet on May 27, 2015 at 7:00pm in the Common Council Chambers, 3rd Floor, City Hall (62 Civic Center Plaza).
HDLPC Agenda - May 27, 2015
CERTIFICATES OF APPROPRIATENESS
330 Main Street
Name: Nobus Group LP
Address: 145 Academy Street
Project classification: Exterior Façade
Below, please find a tentative list of Central Hudson work taking place in the city during the week of 5/21/15 to 5/27/15
- Central Hudson crews are in the process of capping the 8” and 2” gas mains at the intersection of Smith St. & Oakley St. to facilitate excavation for water main repairs. – Complete & awaiting water department repairs.
- Annual regulator station inspections (Central Hudson Gas Crews)
- Gas System Maintenance – 5 Mitchell Ave. (Central Hudson Gas Crews)
- Gas System Maintenance – 192 Main St. – (Central Hudson Gas Crews)
- Gas Main extension – 38 North White St.– (Central Hudson Gas Crews)
- Inactive Gas Service Retirements (PSC Required) (Central Hudson Gas Crews)
- 40 Bement Ave.
- 48 College Ave.
- 85 Main St.
- 346 Church St. – Curbside, not in roadway
For additional information, please contact Central Hudson at (845) 790-1853
The City of Poughkeepsie is requesting proposals from qualified firms capable of
providing full contract operations, maintenance and management services to the
City’s Wastewater Treatment Facility, as defined under the Scope of Services
Interested firms are requested to submit proposals that comply with the information contained in this Request for Proposal (RFP). Three (3) copies of the proposal will be accepted no later than June 17 2015, at 2:30 p.m. and should be addressed to:
City of Poughkeepsie
62 Civic Center Plaza
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
The City of Poughkeepsie officially distributes bidding documents from the Office
of the Purchasing Agent, the City of Poughkeepsie website, www.cityofpoughkeepsie.com or through the Hudson Valley Municipal Purchasing Group’s Regional Bid Notification System. Copies of bidding documents obtained from any other source are not considered official copies.
Only those vendors who obtain bidding documents from the Purchasing Office,the City of Poughkeepsie website, or the Regional Bid Notification System will be sent addendum information, if such information is issued. If you have obtained this document from a source other than the City of Poughkeepsie Purchasing Office, or the HVMPG Regional Bid Notification System it is recommended that you obtain an official copy. You may obtain an official copy by registering on the HVMPG Regional Bid Notification System at www.empirestatebidsystem.com or by visiting www.cityofpoughkeepsie.com
RFP: Contract Operations, Maintenance, and Management of the Wastewater Treatment Facilities for the City of Poughkeepsie
RFP: Contract Operations, Maintenance, and Management of the Wastewater Treatment Facilities Addendum #1
RFP: Contract Operations, Maintenance, and Management of the Wastewater Treatment Facilities Addendum #2
In observance of Memorial Day (Monday, May 25, 2015), the following services will be closed or suspended:
- City Hall & City Court: Closed
- Transfer Station: Closed
- Bus Service: Suspended – Resumes Tuesday morning (May 26, 2015)
- Sanitation: No pickup on Monday, May 25th. Monday route pickups will occur on Tuesday, May 26th. Tuesday route pickups will occur on Wednesday, May 27th.
- Due to the staggered schedule, yard debris will not be collected on Wednesday, May 27th. The next yard debris collection will take place on Wednesday, June 3rd.
2015 Sanitation Pick-Up Holiday Schedule
Sanitation & Recycling Reminders