The Department of Public Works will begin collecting loose leaves from the curb on Monday, November 3, 2014. To eliminate the early leaf piles, the department plans to have leaf crews in all eight wards of the City, every workday of the week up to November 24th. Beginning Monday November 24th, leaf crews will concentrate in City Wards with higher tree populations.
Please have loose leaves raked out to the curb beginning November 1st and ending on the date listed below. The last day for raking loose leaves to the curb, for vacuum truck collection service, is as follows:
- Monday, November 3rd: 1st Ward & 2nd Ward
- Monday, November 10th: 3rd Ward & 5th Ward
- Monday, November 17th: 6th Ward & 7th Ward
- Monday, November 24th: 4th Ward & 8th Ward
During the month of October and after the above dates, residents should place their loose leaves and brush in paper yard debris bags or trash containers (free of garbage) and place them at the curb for collection.
DPW will have a separate truck collecting the leaves, placed in paper yard debris bags and trash containers (free of garbage), every Wednesday of the week beginning November 5th to December 24th 2014.
LEAF SEASON REMINDERS:
- Please rake leaf piles out to the curb or out to the end of the pavement. Do not place loose leaves in the street. Please keep the storm drains clear and free of loose leaves.
- Hired landscapers should be made aware of the above dates and should be informed that the City has an ordinance prohibiting the blowing and/or piling of leaves in the street. Contracted landscapers hired by property owners should haul away leaves and debris collected.
- When loose leaves and yard debris are bagged, only biodegradable paper bags can be used. NO PLASTIC BAGS.
If you have any questions, please call the Department of Public Works at (845) 451-4111 during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COOPERATION.
Fall Leaf Collection Notice - 2014 (10.1 KiB, 229 hits)