Common Council meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York.
Free parking is available under City Hall for those arriving before 8:00 p.m. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcasted live at: http://www.totalwebcasting.com/live/cop/
Once completed, the meetings are archived on the site for later viewing.
Common Council Agenda
Common Council Agenda & Packet - November 17, 2014 (12.0 MiB, 599 hits)
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, SEQRA Resolution R14-70, and Sale Resolution R14-71 un-numbered vacant lot on Church Street
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R14-72, acceptance of a gift of real property for 204 Church Street.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R14-73, approving a transfer of 2007 CDBG funds.
- FROM ASSISTANT CORPORATION COUNSEL VALK, Resolution R14-74, introducing a Local Law amending the sign ordinance to allow the Building Inspector to approve certain signs.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R14-75 adopting a Determination of Significance: Negative Declaration for LL-14-4.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Local Law LL-14-4, amending Chapter XIX, Article III of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled District Regulations and Map.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER PETSAS, Ordinance O-14-22, amending Section 13-175 entitled Stop Signs adding a Stop Sign at Delafied and Spruce Street.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Local Law LL-14-5, approving to over-ride the tax cap.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM NATHANIEL ALMEIDA, a communication regarding The Ambassador Program.
- FROM SCHOOL BOARD PRESIDENT RALPH COATES, YVONNE FLOWERS AND TYRELL BENNERMON, a communication regarding the Student Athlete Basketball Program.
- FROM ROCCO FUNICIELLO, a notice of property damage sustained on October 22, 2014.
- FROM RAYMOND GLASGOW, a notice of property damage sustained on July 13, 2014.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: