Central Hudson contractor, Precision Pipeline, will be closing Montgomery Street between Academy Street and Market Street during regular business hours Monday, August 4th to Friday, August 8th 2014. Work zones, flaggers, and detours are in place. Emergency and local vehicles will be accommodated.
For additional information about the work, please contact the Central Hudson Customer Call Center at (845) 452-2700.
The following streets will be closed for milling and paving today (Thursday, July 31) and tomorrow (Friday, August 1), from 7am to 4pm:
- Ferris Lane between Beechwood Ave. and Hooker Ave.
- Wilbur Blvd. between Ruppert Rd. and Hooker Ave.
For additional information about this project, please contact DPW Dispatch at (845) 451-4111.
STARTING SALARY $35,963.20 WITH BENEFITS
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Relieves the department head of a variety of administrative responsibilities;
- Uses discretion in dealing with a variety of confidential information;
- Makes appointments for department head, arranging conferences and meetings;
- Reviews incoming correspondence, answering routine inquiries independently or from brief or written notes;
- Attends meetings and conferences, takes minutes, and prepares summaries of meetings;
- Establishes and maintains filing systems;
- Operates office equipment such as word processors, copy machines, calculators, etc;
- Uses electronic data processing equipment in the storage and retrieval of information;
- Orders and maintains supplies;
- May assist in the preparation of the department budget;
- May supervise clerical employees,
- May assist in interviewing and selecting clerical employees;
- May assemble and summarize a variety of information including statistical data;
- May complete special projects and studies at the department head’s request;
- Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of high school equivalency diploma and completion of 2 years of college or business school or closely related field and 3 years of full time clerical work experience which included the performance of skilled keyboarding duties. APPLICANT MUST BE APPOINTED FROM THE CIVIL SERVICE LIST. CANDIDATES ARE SUBJECT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL/DRUG TESTING.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 12, 2014
SEND APPLICATION TO :
City of Poughkeepsie
62 Civic Center Plaza
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
The City of Poughkeepsie is an equal opportunity employer.
Administrative Secretary (9.2 KiB, 396 hits)
Central Hudson Gas & Electric will be replacing gas services on Meyer Avenue this week (Week of July 28, 2014). All of the service replacements require CHG&E to dig in the street to the gas main and install a new service line from the main to the building. During the replacement, gas meters are moved from inside of the building to the outside. The schedule for replacement is as follows:
- Monday – Potholing services to 43, 39, 37, 35, 33, and 32 Meyer Ave
- Tuesday – Complete replacement to 16, 19, and 28 Meyer Ave
- Wednesday – Complete replacement to 12, 31, and 33 Meyer Ave
- Thursday – Complete replacement to 43, 4, and 27 Meyer Ave
- Friday – Black top and restoration work for the complete service replacements
For additional information about the service replacements, please call the Central Hudson Call Center at: (845) 452-2700
Spratt Park Pool is closed for repairs today, Monday, July 28. The pool will be open tomorrow, June 29, as scheduled. For additional information about Spratt Pool, please visit the Parks & Recreation page or contact the Parks & Recreation Information Desk at (845) 451-4100
The Water Department will be working on hydrants located on Fitchett Street, today, Thursday, July 24. The hydrants will be opened for an extended period of time to be monitored by City personnel. Addresses local to the area may experience low water pressure and slight water discoloration. Any questions can be directed to City of Poughkeepsie Water Department at (845) 451-4111. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Central Hudson contractor, Precision Pipeline, has closed Garfield Place between Montgomery Street and Barclay Street. Work zones and flaggers are in place. Emergency vehicles and local traffic will be accommodated.
Beginning on Friday, July 25, the Water Department will flush hydrants every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in the following locations:
- Hoffman Avenue
- Meyer Avenue (at Glenwood Ave.)
The hydrants will be opened for an extended period of time to be monitored by City personnel. Addresses local to the area may experience low water pressure and slight water discoloration. Any questions can be directed to City of Poughkeepsie Water Department at (845) 451-4111. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
The Water Department will be working on hydrants located on Park Avenue, Meyer Avenue (at Glenwood Avenue), and Hoffman Avenue today, Wednesday, July 23. The hydrants will be opened for an extended period of time to be monitored by City personnel. Addresses local to the area may experience low water pressure and slight water discoloration. Any questions can be directed to City of Poughkeepsie Water Department at (845) 451-4111. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Motorists who have a car accident in the City of Poughkeepsie can now obtain an official copy of their New York State accident report online. Motorists and insurance companies can go online to www.CrashDocs.org, enter their accident information and obtain a copy of the report within five to seven business days, although in most cases the report should be available within 48 to 72 hours.
The City of Poughkeepsie has approximately 1,200 accidents a year that require a New York State accident report. Accident reports are uploaded daily to CrashDocs.org.
CrashDocs.org can also be accessed through the City of Poughkeepsie Police website page. Simply search for your report, make your payment, and receive a PDF copy that you can print or save to your files. Reports are available 24/7, meaning you can get your accident report when it’s convenient for you.
An accident report from CrashDoc.org costs $15. Reports will still be available at police headquarters, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.