City officials are pleased to announce that Malcolm X Park Improvements will begin this month.
The Department of Public Works will oversee the reconstruction of Malcolm X work, which the city has planned and funded in conjunction with New City Parks, Scenic Hudson and other community partners.
Based on community input, the work includes:
• Resurfacing of the basketball courts and new hoops and backboards
• New play equipment and safety surfacing
• New benches, tables and grills
• New pavilion and raised garden beds
• New walking paths along the Fall Kill Creek
• New trees and plantings
During construction, access to various parts of the park will be limited for safety reasons.
Work is expected to be completed in the fall of 2023.